VeggiePets.com is a Trading Name and Registered Trademark of VeggiePets.com Ltd located in the United Kingdom (Registered in England & Wales Company No.11400912) and has proudly served our customers since 2003.
We provide the following information to inform you about what information we do (and do not) record and store about our customers. If you have any queries that are not answered here please feel free to call us.
We NEVER sell customers’ details to anyone else.
3. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, so you should check it regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
4. When you visit our website, we'll automatically collect certain information that is essential to ensure the website operates correctly while you are using it. It also allows us to monitor and improve how our website and online advertising perform, over various devices and networks. This information can also assist us in detecting, preventing, or investigating suspected cases of fraud, keeping us and our customers safer.
5. We collect data about the device you are using to access our website. This will include information about whether it is a desktop computer or a smartphone (which helps us improve the way our website looks on different devices), the type of browser you are using, and the IP address of your internet connection. We may also identify your device with a unique, randomly generated, identifier.
6. As you browse our website we'll continue to collect information about the website pages that you look at during your visit, how long you visit them, and what links you click on each page. We may also record what keywords you used to locate our website and what third-party website referred you to our website. This also helps us better understand our customers, their needs, and interests.
7. The information we collect about you is referred to as Device Information. It's not personally identifiable to you (for example, we don't collect or associate your name or address with this Device Information). It is not stored on our systems for any longer than we need to, to allow you to use our website for the purposes for which it is intended.
8. We collect Device Information from you using Cookies. These are small data files that are placed on the browser you use, on your device, to visit the website. Cookies often include an anonymous and unique identifier (so we know it's your device).
9. Certain cookies are placed on our website in order to make it work. For example, when you add items to the shopping basket/cart we need to store this information on a cookie - this ensures that our website knows when you are adding items to your basket and does not confuse it with baskets from other customers. Where cookies we place on your computer are:
- Not identifiable to you as a living person, and
- Only placed to fulfil the inherent functions of an e-commerce website
we won't ask for your permission before we place them.
11. We may, from time to time, also collect information about your actions on the website and record those actions in log files. This data will include your IP address, the device that you are using, the browser that you are using, and the internet service provider, and be attached to date and time stamps. We'll only include this information for as long as necessary.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU MAKE A PURCHASE OR REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT
12. When you use our website to purchase one of the goods or services that we offer for sale, or when you register for an account on our website (without making a purchase) you may be asked to provide certain personal information about yourself.
13. Such information we collect may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact information (like your telephone number or email address)
- Your date of birth
14. When you make a purchase on our website you may also be asked to enter your credit or debit card details. You may be redirected to a 'payment gateway' website to enter your card details, or you might be asked to enter these directly onto our website.
15. Your full credit or debit card details are never stored on any databases we hold - our staff cannot access the credit card data you provide online. You may be asked if you want to 'store' your purchase information for faster checkout at a later date, where you store this information the full card information is never stored on any databases we hold. Instead, we send the full information to our payment processor, who then sends back a secure 'token' which we then use to place future purchases. To help you identify stored cards, we may store the last 4 digits of the card, the type of card (e.g. Visa or MasterCard), and the expiry date.
Where you wish, you can always delete a stored card within your customer account.
15. We call this data Personal Information.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEVICE INFORMATION
17. We use Device Information we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, to improve and optimise our website (by generating data about how our customers browse and interact with our website) and to analyse the success of our marketing and other advertising campaigns to ensure we are giving customers what they want from us.
18. We use Personal Information that we collect to fulfil any order that you place and to communicate with you as one of our customers. We may also use this information to screen for potential risk and fraud to keep you, our other customers and our business safer.
19. With your consent, we may, from time to time, provide you with information or advertising relating to the products and services that we provide - we will try our best to make sure these are relevant to your interests and needs.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DEVICE INFORMATION
20. We will share personal information and device information with third parties in their capacity as data processors on our behalf. We'll only share your information with third parties in so far as they assist us with using your information.
21. We may also share your personal information and device information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to any lawful request for information we receive, or otherwise protect our rights.
RE-MARKETING AND BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
22. We may, from time to time, share your device or personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe might be of interest to you. This may include sharing some of your information with third-party networks such as Google, Bing or Facebook.
DO NOT TRACK
23. Our website does not alter its data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
24. If you are a resident of a country where the European Union's GDPR is applicable, you have certain rights.
25. To exercise your rights to access your data, receive a copy of that data, or rectify a mistake, please contact us.
27. For more information please contact us using the details below.
Unit 4 Downley Business Park,
12 Downley Road,