Returns & Refunds Policy
Over the last two decades we have sent hundreds of thousands of orders around the UK and the World. Every now and then things don’t go to plan and customers need a refund. We aim to make that as quick and fuss free as possible. Our policy below explains how it works.
VeggiePets.com® Returns & Refunds Policy
1. This policy sets out the Returns & Refunds Policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by VeggiePets.com Ltd. It does not apply to goods bought in person at any events that we attend, or in person at our office.
2. To be eligible for a return, all returned items must be unused and in the same condition that you received them, and they must be in their original unopened packaging. We cannot refund for any pet food, chews, biscuits, etc that have been partially used, or any products that have become damaged, soiled or otherwise unfit for resale after they were delivered to you.
3. All refunds will be made to the original payment method. If you have used a credit or debit card, we will issue the refund to that card. We will not issue refunds to other cards, in cash or by bank transfers.
Cancellations and Returns
4. Notifying us of cancellations, returns and requests for refunds is simple - just phone or email email us with your name and order number to let us know. We can take it from there. It is helpful to include your phone number in any emails so we can get in touch with you quickly if necessary to ensure things run smoothly.
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made, for any reason, within 14 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made. You must return the goods within the following 14 working days and we must issue your refund (full or partial) within the next 14 days.
6. Our standard returns policy therefore entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price and postage and packaging charges if you change your mind (i.e. the goods or services provided by us were not faulty or incorrectly described) providing we receive the goods back within 14 working days of of notifying us you wish to return the items.
7. We are then entitled to up to a further 14 working days to complete the refund, although it would be very unusual for it to take that long.
8. Orders that are cancelled before dispatched can be refunded immediately in full. If you place an order and decide to cancel it, please call or email us IMMEDIATELY so we can prevent it from being dispatched.
9. Where an order is cancelled after dispatch, you will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us, or alternatively the cost we incur for directing parcels in transit back to us on your behalf, or the cost of arranging to collect parcels that have been delivered from your address.
10. We may be able to arrange to have the goods collected for less than it would cost you to send them yourself and this lower fee will be deducted from the final refund. Please get in touch to discuss this option.
11. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, without any unnecessary delay.
Refunds for Damaged or Faulty Goods
12. If any of the items you purchased have been damaged in transit and become unusable or are defective in some way, or you think the items are not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
13. Some items can be expected to receive superficial damage in transit, especially cans and a notice to this effect is placed on any product pages where this issue is more likely to occur. We consider the can is only packaging for the food inside. Where cans may have been dented in transit but remain sealed, the food is unaffected and we cannot offer a refund or replacement.
14. Where an order consists of multiple items and some items are damaged or faulty but not the entire order, we can only refund you for the faulty or damaged items.
15. We will require proof of purchase in order to process a refund. We have records of all online sales so normally we can provide that immediately. On occasions we receive refund requests from someone who did not place the original order - we can only issue a refund to the original customers.
16. Where the refund is requested for damaged goods, we will require proof of damage in order to issue a refund. This is most easily done by sending photos of damaged parcels and goods. Photos are very helpful for several reasons, we can assess whether the items may still be safe to use or not (and discount accordingly), we can also see if we can identify any failures in our packing processes and identify ways to avoid future orders getting damaged and finally we may need images to make a claim against a courier for that damage. Damage caused by a third party is as disappointing and frustrating for us as it is for our customers, so we ask for your cooperation with us in such matters to ensure we all get the best outcome.
17. Where a refund is requested due to faulty goods, we will ask for some additional product data that should be on the packaging. Normally this is the expiry date and batch code, we will explain where to find them. This helps us check if the fault described may affect other stock still in our warehouse and even manage a recall if necessary.
Orders including Vouchers, Discounts or Sales
18. If the items in question were purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the full retail price the items are listed for).
19. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.
Checking your refund has been completed
20. If you haven't received a refund yet after we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies can take a number of days to credit your account.